An eclipse is a natural phenomenon. Solar eclipses occur when the Moon’s position is between Earth and the Sun. Lunar eclipses occur when the Earth passes directly between the Sun and the Moon.
Both Solar and Lunar eclipses have effects on worldly affairs, the environment, and human lives.
A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon’s position is between Earth and the Sun, as a result, a portion of the sun is covered by the moon’s shadow totally or partially.
A lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth passes directly between the Sun and the Moon, and the earth’s shadow blocks the sunlight.
Effects of Solar Eclipse and Lunar eclipse
As per The study of the influence of celestial bodies on earth and humans both Solar eclipse(Surya Grahan) and Lunar Eclipse (Chandra Grahan) have some direct or indirect effects on the environment, worldly affairs, and human lives.
Astrological effects due to the occurrence of two Lunar Eclipses and one Solar Eclipse in a row within a month in 2022
Two eclipses in a month which are occurring within a month in a row in 2022, between April 30 and May 15, are not considered auspicious for the prominent leaders, economy, and political stability.
This will have bad effects and create many political, health-related problems and natural calamities for the next two to three months after occurring of the eclipses.
Loss of jobs, loss of wealth, depression, prolonged illness, accidents, and failures are some of the bad results of the eclipse.
Natural calamities, floods, excessive rains, earthquakes, epidemic disease, and slow progress in economic or worldly affairs may be indicated after the eclipse, throughout the world.
First Solar eclipse (partial)
1) The first one is a partial Solar eclipse which will occur on April 30, 2022, from 00:15:19 A.M. to 04: 07:00 A.M. (IST). It will not be visible in India.
This Solar eclipse will occur in parts of Antarctica, the southern point of South America, the Pacific Ocean, and the Antarctic Ocean.
Time of eclipse: Begins at 18:45 UTC, Maximum at 20:41 UTC.
2) The second one is the Total Lunar eclipse, the Blood Moon, which will occur on 16th May 2022 from 8:59 AM to 10: 23 A.M.(IST)
3) The third one is a Solar eclipse which will occur on October 25, 2022.
4) The 4th and last eclipse is a lunar eclipse, which will be on November 8, 2022.
Eclipses are of three types: Total, Partial and Penumbral, Penumbral Eclipse is the most common.
As per The study of the influence of celestial bodies on earth and humans both Solar eclipse and Lunar eclipses have direct or indirect effects on the environment, worldly affairs, and human lives.
Events at the global scale are as follows:
This eclipse will take place in the Aries (Mesha) sign and Kritika Nakshatra. Changes are expected for natives, born in this sign. Out of three Solar eclipses, only this eclipse will be visible in India.
Sutak Period of Eclipse
Do not see a Solar eclipse directly to save your eyes from the sun.
Rules to follow during Sutak (inauspicious period)
It is necessary to follow certain rules during the Sutak period. The Sutak period is considered to be an inauspicious time, so during this period, some tasks must not be carried out.
These are as follows:
Starting a new project or work must not be done.
Preparing or consuming food is prohibited.
Avoid going to the bathroom/toilet.
Avoid touching or worshiping the idols of god or the Tulsi plant.
Do not eat Non-vegetarian food.
Refrain from cleaning your teeth or combing your hair.
Definitions: Super Moon, Blue Moon, Blood Moon, the rare natural Phenomena and Total Lunar Eclipse
What is a Lunar Eclipse, a Total Lunar Eclipse, a Super Moon, a Blue Moon, and a Blood Moon?
A lunar eclipse occurs when the sun, the moon, and the earth are positioned in a straight line, the earth is positioned in the middle, and the earth’s umbral shadow falls on the moon, blocking sunlight.
A Lunar eclipse only occurs on a full moon night.
Total Lunar Eclipse
A Total lunar eclipse occurs when the earth’s full umbral shadow falls on the moon, completely blocking the sunlight, known as a Total Lunar Eclipse.
As the Total Lunar eclipse (Chandra Grahan) will be visible from many places, this celestial event has been considered significant for performing rituals, religious activities, and remedial measures at these places, according to Vedic The study of the influence of celestial bodies on earth and humans
The study of the influence of celestial bodies on earth and human beings
A Super Moon is a full moon or a new moon that coincides with the closest distance and reaches Earth at its point of the orbit (perigee) closest to the earth. This results in a larger size of the moon than the average Full Moon (Purnima) visible from the earth.
It is (14 % bigger and brighter), technically named the ‘Perigee Syzygy’ in Astronomy.
It is believed that when a Super Moon occurs, being a unique event, affects the life of individuals and worldly affairs.
A Blood Moon occurs due to the refraction of the earth on the moon, the moon looks reddish, it is known as Blood Moon.
A Blue Moon happens when two full moons happen in the same calendar month.
Effects on Lunar eclipse in Aries sign and Kritika Nakshatra on various signs are as follows:
Based on past experiences, a Solar eclipse is not always bad for people’s personal life.
- Mesha (Aries): Problems in the family. Chances for new employment or promotion are indicated.
- Vrishabh (Taurus): Take care of your health. Avoid changing to a new job. You will have a wealth of favorable times.
- Mithun (Gemini): Change in career. Speak carefully. Do not speak harsh words to avoid strained relations with your spouse.
- Karka (Cancer): Avoid unnecessary travels. Try to make good relations with your spouse. You will have health-related problems.
- Simha (Leo): Disturbances in family life. Take care of your health. Good time for your career and there will be a sudden increase in your income.
- Kanya (Virgo): Good for health.Indications for change in career. Take precautions, and think twice before you start a new task.
- Tula (Libra): You will be restless, career related problems are going to end. Things will improve soon.
- Scorpio (Vrishchik): Take precautions while driving. There are indications of changes on both financial and political fronts. Increase in expenditure.
- Dhanu (Sagittarius): Do not take hasty relations, take care while talking with your family members. Change in career. Take care to avoid health-related problems.
- Makar (Capricorn): Increase in responsibilities and expenditure. There may be health-related problems for those suffering from high or low blood pressure. Upay: worship Lord Shiva and Hanumanji.
- Kumbha (Aquarius): Take care of your eyes. Try to manage your financial matters. Take good care of your children.
- Meen (Pisces): Think about your health. Change in career or promotion. Good time for political power, a career.
Do’s during the Sutak period, Solar Eclipses or Lunar eclipses
1) Snan-Daan or charity to the needy persons will be helpful in getting rid of most of the problems coming in one’s life due to the sins(bad karma) an individual might have done in his/her previous birth.
2) Chant Mantras during the Eclipse to get rid of the bad effects of the Solar eclipse or Lunar eclipse.
This period is considered very significant for Mantra-Siddhi and fulfilling an individual’s long-awaited desires through the holy dip and charity (Snan-Daan) and Mantra Siddhi.
3) But one is recommended to avoid all the auspicious events or during the period of Surya Grahan or Solar eclipse) or Chandra Grahan (Lunar eclipse).
4) To avoid the effects of the eclipse, take bath or dip in the holy river after the Eclipse ends. People should take a bath after the Sutak.
5) Charity or Daan to poor or needy persons after the bath may help in removing the bad effects of the eclipse.
6) Perform rituals by donating clothes, bedding, or food to Priest, needy persons, and cows after taking bath.
Sutak is believed to be applicable only to the places where the eclipse is visible in any form.
Activities to be avoided during the Sutak period of Solar eclipses or Lunar eclipses are as follows:
1) Do not see solar eclipses with the naked eye.
2) Sutak starts 12 hours before the eclipse. Following activities should be avoided during Sutak.
3) A new business should not be started.
4) Any auspicious work should not be performed during the Sutak period or eclipse.
5) People, especially pregnant women should not come out in the open under the rays of the eclipse (especially Solar Eclipse). They should not cut anything or eat during the eclipse (It is not applicable to children, old or sick persons)
6) Eat only fresh or covered food after the eclipse, avoid any leftover food.
7) The idols of God in the temple or the house should not be worshiped.