Solar eclipse 2017 (inauspicious period)
The first Solar Eclipse 2017: The first Solar eclipse of the year 2017 is annular(Kankan Surya Grahan) will be visible in some parts of the world including South America and Africa on Phalgun Krishna Paksha Amavasya: Snan-dan(holy dip and donation) on the morning of Sunday, February 26, 2017, in Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra, Pisces (Meen Rashi).The duration of eclipse will vary from place to place. This eclipse will not be visible in India.
The second Solar Eclipse 2017: The second solar eclipse, not a significant event in India, is the solar eclipse( Surya Grahan) which will occur on Bhadrapad Krishna Paksha Amavasya,i.e. August 21,2017. It will not be visible in India.There will be no effect of this eclipse where it is not visible.
Lunar eclipse 2017(inauspicious period)
The Lunar eclipse is the Penumbral Lunar Eclipse. It will be in Shravana Nakshatra in Makar Rashi on Tithi Shravan Shukla Paksha Purnima, on 7 August 2017.
Penumbral Lunar Eclipse will be visible in many cities of the world including India.
Do’s and don’ts during the Sutak period, Solar eclipse or Lunar eclipse
This period is considered very significant for Mantra Siddhi and fulfilling an individual’s long awaited desires through Snan-dan and Mantra Siddhi. One is recommended to avoid all the auspicious events during the Solar eclipse or Lunar eclipse. Sutak is believed to be applicable only to the places where eclipse is visible in any form.
Activities should be avoided during the Sutak period are as follows:
- Sutak starts 12 hours before the eclipse.New business should not be started.
- To avoid the effects of eclipse, people should take bath after Sutak. Charity or daan to poor or needy persons after the bath may help in removing the bad effects of the eclipse.
- Any auspicious work should not be performed during Sutak period or eclipse.
- People, especially pregnant women should not come out in the open under the rays of the eclipse, they should not cut anything or eat during the eclipse (It is not applicable to the children or sick persons)
- Eat only the fresh or covered food after the eclipse.
- The idols of God in the temple or the house should not be worshiped.
- Chant Mantras to get rid of the bad effects of the eclipse.