Feng Shui is a part of Chinese philosophy that was developed 3000 years ago in China. Feng which means wind and Shui which means water is a form of philosophy that helps balance energies in any given space and ensures good health and fortune of the people living in that space. This philosophy is based on the “Taoist” understanding of nature especially the concept that the land is alive and filled with energy or “Chi”.
This concept of Feng Shui is intriguing and can be applied to create a happy and peaceful home, an efficient productive office, a productive home office, a beautiful garden etc and, so useful tips on how to use Feng Shui also varies. For example to create a peaceful home environment the three major tips are as follows:
1. Clutter cleaning: To begin with getting rid of all the unwanted objects lying about the house is vitally important. Although clutter cleaning is time consuming it helps lighten the load from your home. It is also a major step in creating “Feng Shui” energy in your home.
2. Maintaining good quality air and good quality light: Light and air are two important elements in Feng Shui. The combination of good quality light and air is what helps generate good Feng Shui energy called “Chi”. The bed should be placed far from the door, so that harmonious energy is attracted. Bathroom should not be centrally located or positioned opposite the front door of the house. To enable good air windows must be kept open regularly, Feng Shui air purifying plants must be introduced, and air purifier must be used. As for lights, maximum natural light into your home must be permitted and the use of full spectrum lights must be considered.
3. Feng Shui Energy Map: The Feng Shui energy map or the Bagua must be defined. This can be done by using either the classical school Bagua, or the BTB grid. The defined Bagua will then help identify areas of your home that are connected to specific areas of your life. For example in traditional Feng Shui the Southeast Feng Shui area of your home is connected to the flow of money energy.
Feng Shui can also be used to create a productive home office environment. The three essential tips are as follows:
1. Location of the Office room: If the layout of the house permits then one should try and create a separate entry to the office. If it is not possible then one must try and isolate as much as possible the office from the bedroom.
2. Plan according to well being and productivity: While creating the office one should keep in mind certain factors such as specific images, Feng Shui colors, appropriate decor items that generate a feeling of happiness in you. Also one should make sure that the home office being created reflects the energy that has been decided upon.
3. Position of desk: The positioning of the office desk plays an important role in Feng Shui. So one must make sure that the desk is positioned far from the door and not in line with it. Also one must avoid facing a wall while working at the desk.
Apart from peaceful home and a productive home office Feng Shui can also be used to maintain a beautiful garden. The essential features in the use of Feng Shui to maintain a beautiful garden are similar to that used for a peaceful home. Firstly the Bagua or the Feng Shui Energy Map is vitally important. Secondly one would need to understand the five elements Feng Shui theory and also understand how one strengthens each area to attract positive energy. For example if the northeast area of the garden connected to personal growth then the Feng Shui One of four divisions of zodiac, based on four primary elements, Fire, Earth, Air and Water. An element has same qualities or characteristics required in this area is Earth.
Feng Shui is also useful in times like when one needs to find a job which can be very stressful. Although it has to be categorically stated that Feng Shui on its own cannot help finding a job. The three essential Feng Shui tips that could help find a job are as follows:
1. Display Images: Of individuals whose career one has admired over the years in the North area of the Feng Shui energy map.
2. Display metallic Feng Shui elements: In the North west, these elements could be metal ball or an important photo related to one’s career.
3. A water feature or mirror: Facing the North could prove to be useful.
Although Feng Shui over the years have proved to be a useful tool in providing positive energy and happiness to our life yet it is certainly not a perfect concept. Therefore one must be cautious and not depend on it totally thereby allowing it to control your life rather than the other way round.